Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ha, amazingly enough both my rides started tonight!

+3
spotarama
june_whitfield
Monglord
7 posters

Go down

Ha, amazingly enough both my rides started tonight! Empty Ha, amazingly enough both my rides started tonight!

Post by Monglord Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:08 am

Decided it's more than time that I have a ride of the solo or zombie (or both) in the next few days so I had a go at starting them tonight.

They both took a good while of cranking but after a couple of minutes rest they both started!
The zombie's been sat outside for months now and is getting a bit of green patina happening on the chair so it's gonna come inside the garage now.

How are your bikes doing at this time of year?
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Ha, amazingly enough both my rides started tonight! Empty Re: Ha, amazingly enough both my rides started tonight!

Post by june_whitfield Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:45 pm

of course they started, they're bleedin Hondas!

The prolonged ownership of an American FAILmachine must have lowered your expectations...
june_whitfield
june_whitfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ha, amazingly enough both my rides started tonight! Empty Re: Ha, amazingly enough both my rides started tonight!

Post by spotarama Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:07 pm

the Vmax is fine though it does get a bit grumpy when the temp gets into the high 30s
spotarama
spotarama

Back to top Go down

Post by der_nanno Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:03 pm

With all the salt on the road, I don't really ride the TR1, but it starts just like in Summer and the "new" XS 850 sidezombie is working as it should be. A new battery and a cleaned and lubed up starter motor doing wonders for its willingness to fire up. ;-)

der_nanno

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:49 pm

Is that the special TR1?
And have we seen pics of the 'new' XS zombie?
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by der_nanno Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:42 pm

No, just my normal one, but I am "currently" (for the last 8 or 10 weeks) building a new hopped up motor.

Not sure, I showed you some pictures of the XS, but that's pretty much what she looks like at the moment (except that the old girl is all waxed up with protective wax, because the new salt they have been using for the last few years overhere and which also works below -10 degrees is extremely aggressive):

Ha, amazingly enough both my rides started tonight! P1190767

I also had a second XS850 sidecar with a Velorex attached, but that's sold. But on the day it was to be picked up, I took a lot of photos, because those two sidecars basically follow two opposing strategies in sidecar building: build it from the ground up with a massive sub-frame and build it with a certain level of flex to prevent stuff from breaking. (This actually has worked for the last 15 years and approx. ten- to twenty-thousand kilometres. Mine has done about 1500 so far...)

http://greasygreg.blogspot.co.at/2017/10/the-xs-triple-sidecar-comparison.html

I only just managed to pick up a new supercharger for the rather special TR1 (Eaton M24 out of a VW Polo 1.4 TFSI), but that'll be quite a while until I'll have the time to fit, because currently I am working on getting some paying projects done for Spring and reclaim some space in my workshop...

der_nanno

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Thanks.
Just spent a good hour catching up on your blog which made me want to have my garage usable even more- a good thing as I've been procrastinating over it for far too long now (there's a lot still to do but focusing on one job at a time will get it done instead of worrying about how much needs to be done which won't get anything done!).
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoo Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Monglord wrote:
How are your bikes doing at this time of year?

Fine ofcourse, I have Honda's. I love you

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Very Happy VJ wants a bike to have 'soul'- I'm happy with a bike that starts after sitting in the cold for several weeks without having to work on it Razz
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoo Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:59 pm

You can have soul and reliablility: Honda V4's!

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by virusjohn Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:06 pm

Monglord wrote:Very Happy  VJ wants a bike to have 'soul'- I'm happy with a bike that starts after sitting in the cold for several weeks without having to work on it Razz

The xj just fired up with no hesitation after being sat since i got back from apocalyptica...

virusjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoo Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:17 pm

But where's the soul in an xj?

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by virusjohn Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:29 pm

voodoo wrote:But where's the soul in an xj?

Currently falling out of the exhaust gaskets lol

virusjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoo Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:07 pm

Gaskets made by Crocs.....

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by der_nanno Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:57 am

What is this reliability you guys speak of? :-O

(I seriously hope all the work put into that new TR1-engine will actually pay off...)

der_nanno

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:28 pm

My bikes had both been off the road since end of October to avoid salt. Last weekend co-incided with 2 days of rain followed by temperatures at a balmy 6 degrees. Both bikes were taken out (the optimate on each battery probably helped starting).
Always good to let the engines get warm and keep everything freely moving.

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by spotarama Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:13 pm

voodoo wrote:Gaskets made by Crocs.....

you know that the holes in crocs are to let your dignity leak out
spotarama
spotarama

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoo Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:26 pm

I know, a certain member of this community, who's name shall not be reveiled, is a fond wearer of Crocs and thus is recognisable by a distinctive lack of dignity and a Goldwing sidecar. :-)

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:42 pm

I stopped giving a fuck about what people thought of my footwear well over 20 yrs ago when I bought my first pair of sandles.
My feet used to get rotten (as in trenchfoot sorta thing) when I wore trainers or boots all the time in the summer.
Feet need to breathe so while you lot retain your dignity I'm proud to have none 'cos at least my feet are happy Cool

At least I don't wear socks with my dignity-free footwear Razz
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoo Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:52 pm

How the hell did you know I meant you?!? ;-)

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Dunno, must be psychic or summat scratch
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down