Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got the upcoming Bank hol. w/end free- what shall I do???

4 posters

Go down

I've got the upcoming Bank hol. w/end free- what shall I do??? Empty I've got the upcoming Bank hol. w/end free- what shall I do???

Post by Monglord Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:03 pm

I fancy a bit of a ride, some good company and a few beers- anyone got any suggestions?

I've just got back from a holiday with Max where we did shit he wanted to do, this coming week I have to work & look after him- in a weeks time I'm having me eyes lasered off and won't be able to do owt for a couple of weeks so I want to have some quality me time.

Anyone got a rally to go to/ doo of some sort with beer and fire?
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

I've got the upcoming Bank hol. w/end free- what shall I do??? Empty Re: I've got the upcoming Bank hol. w/end free- what shall I do???

Post by twofiddy Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:21 am

Do you enjoy lugging household items about?

twofiddy

Back to top Go down

I've got the upcoming Bank hol. w/end free- what shall I do??? Empty Re: I've got the upcoming Bank hol. w/end free- what shall I do???

Post by voodoo Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:21 pm

you're not to far from Harwich, so you are welcome for a pint here.

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:37 am

Are you inviting me to Hollandshire?
If so, thank you but I'm not up for international shenanigins I'm afraid.

If however you're near Harwich on this side of the water then I may be interested Smile
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoo Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:19 am

Nope, I'm not on your side of the pond.

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Go on then Nate, what's the craic?
I'll have to give you a bell I suppose.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by twofiddy Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:52 am

Well i was thinking you could come and move all the heavy shit that i can't be arsed to shift Razz

twofiddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Hold on, you lift weights for fun- you must be way stronger and better at shifting heavy objects than me.
I'll make the tea and supervise if you like?
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Hmm, there's a sidecar rally at Market Harborough this weekend- anyone fancy it?
I ain't going on me own, I want some fun- which I won't have loads of at a rally full of kids and 60 yr olds!
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by esox Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:44 pm

Hoon, just go - you can be the token `herbert`........! Surprised
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:13 am

Haha, 'Hoon the Herbert'- I might well do.
I'm going to tackle the zombie brake situation this morning and then maybe head over there if it goes well.
Enough beer and I might just enjoy it for one night.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:39 am

It's also the Fenman Classic Bike Show on Monday (28th):
http://fenmanclassic.co.uk/

I went last year with Bren and his mate Ali, met Nik there and had a good time- bike jumble and a good bike show (customs, classic and unusual Japs as well as the usual British stuff).

The entire village is literally packed to the gunwales with bikes and it creates a really nice atmosphere.

The ideal scenario would be to go up and stop overnight Sunday somewhere nearby to visit the show Monday before heading home- anyone up for that?!
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:41 pm

I've updated my zombie brake problem thread btw (just in case you're interested).

So I'm thinking tomorrow I'll head off to the sidewotsit doo for the one night before heading over to the Fenman on Monday (if I can be arsed) and then home.

Anyone going to join me?
No?
Didn't think so- sod y'all then (hope y'all have a good one anyway- I ain't that bitter) Razz
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Sunday- ride to Market Harborough for Sidecar Doo, nice ride.
Drink chilled strong cider in shade, participate in quiz- see familiar faces & make new acquaintances (forget names due to cider but still fun).
Sleep under tarp.

Today- ride towards Fenman bike show- give up at Peterborough and head to High Beech on way home.
It was either two hrs to the show and get home at 19:00 due to bank hol. traffic in sweltering heat (no filtering) or two hrs to get home and drink cold lager, shame 'cos it's a good show but I've got busy times coming up and need to prepare myself- there's always next yr (it's worth trying to herd for a doo to visit it).

Hope y'all had a good one.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down