So maybe the garage brickwork starts tomorrow & Weds my eyes get lasered.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So maybe the garage brickwork starts tomorrow & Weds my eyes get lasered.

Post by Monglord on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Both give me stress, that they happen all at the same time ain't ideal but at least I have R2R to look forward to after it all.

Huge life upheaval? No problem, I strive on it right? What's a few more grey hairs? Shocked

Edit: Just heard from the builder, he can't get the matls. 'till Weds so he'll start then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21:00 at night the night before he's due to start the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Mad  CUNT
And when was he going to fucking tell me?????? He was due to start tomorrow at 07:45!!
I only knew something was up 'cos I happened to see me neighbour (his brother inlaw) earlier this evening and he mentioned that he was starting Weds not tomorrow!! FFS
This is the first strike against him, change of plans- last minute- no notice- can deal with changes when given notice- etc- blah fucking blah.
What happens if I decide to fuck him about with payment which he is happy with when the work's done?
'Oh sorry mate, did I forget to tell you I'm totally brassic and will pay you when I can?'
Childish I know but you know what I mean right?
I'm thinking now that he couldn't be bothered to work out that the bank hol. would mean planning in advance?
Won't be recommending him now fo sho.
What a fuckin' wankhole.

My poor long- suffering neighbours have been very reasonable for months without having fences/ privacy, I've proudly told them the walls are going up tomorrow/ sorry for the delays/ thank you for being so understanding/ etc and now I have to explain again about a hold up (it's already been delayed a week).

Times like this make me think I should have gone to evening classes to learn brick laying but how do you fit that around working and looking after yer kid?

Rant? Yup
Makes me feel slightly better- thanks for listening Crying or Very sad

Oh well, fuck it- I've got pizza & beer so what else could matter eh. Razz

Monglord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So maybe the garage brickwork starts tomorrow & Weds my eyes get lasered.

Post by spotarama on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:53 pm

beer, pizza...tell us more. what sort of pizza was it ?

you need to try my fave pizza, cheese, garlic, chilli, onion, olives and hot salami, can't be beat.

all the garage hassles will fade into the past when you're in there beavering about with small obstinate oily things
spotarama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:55 pm

Stuffed crust, double pepperoni, extra cheese- simple and filthy with it Very Happy
Your one sounds good as it goes.

And you're right about the garage- good point.

By the by, I got offered a free VFR750 today- it pained me to turn it down, it really did.
I'd love one but I already have too many bikes, I did refuse it with a 'maybe if it's still on offer in a couple of years' though.
In reality it's done a lot of miles, sat in a garage for 9 years and is likely to be a lot of work to get back on the road when I could buy one in reasonable nick with not much needing to be done- the correct decision was made I reckon.
Monglord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoo on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:45 am

according to a Carnivore song you should have had Jack Daniels with your pizza.

voodoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by june_whitfield on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:24 am

that garage still not finished? flippin 'eck, they built the Great Pyramid of Cairo in less time!

good luck with the eye burning Smile

june_whitfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris on Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:08 pm

Scott has a VFR 750. Maybe he could take the free one as a spares donor bike.

Re: garage and lack of builder, it is worth pointing out to the neighbours who complain that the lazyarsed builder is in fact related to a different neighbour of theirs. THis has 2 benefits: 1, it takes the pressure off you, and 2, word may get back to the offending builder that he needs to get his finger out.

When you do get the garage built, if its a concrete floor paint it yellow, is the best thing I ever did with mine. Pour a self levelling concrete over the floor so you get it smooth as a smooth thing, wait the require dnumber of days, then paint with epoxy floor paints.

I used a company called Regal paints and got the colour of JCB yellow

Big Chris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by twofiddy on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am

I hope it all goes well, and that the guy turns up. I regularly find myself confronted by amazed customers who can't beleive I actuall show up on time and do the arranged job without hassle when "the last 4 guys just never even came round".

Lasered eyes is intriguing, I doubt I'll ever have mine done but would love to hear about how it goes.

twofiddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thefastestMelv on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:20 am

twofiddy wrote:I hope it all goes well, and that the guy turns up. I regularly find myself confronted by amazed customers who can't beleive I actuall show up on time and do the arranged job without hassle when "the last 4 guys just never even came round".

Lasered eyes is intriguing, I doubt I'll ever have mine done but would love to hear about how it goes.

We had the same trying to get some muppets to look at our back garden... You think when you ring them and say i have money waiting here for the right bloke to come and sort my patio that they'd be straight round ....But NO.

garage people have been ace though, Gave me a fixed price and a date based only on some photos I gave them.
Sounds like mine be built before hoons

thefastestMelv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:27 pm

"Sounds like mine be built before hoons" Haha, challenge accepted Wink

Some healthy competition would probably be useful for motivation.

The brickwork should be complete tomorrow morning, the UPVC guy is coming to measure up for doors and window and the rendering guy should also be coming to quote tomorrow.

Complete by the end of the year should be achievable I'd say.

Best of luck, I honestly hope they can deliver what they've promised for you.
Monglord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thefastestMelv on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Won't even be a competition then Dude,  My base blokes turned up at half 7, realised that there was a manhole cover to deal with, drove off at 8, came back 15 mins later with a new cover and cracked on .
They were sweeping up but one O clock. Not bad considering its a 20 foot by 10 foot base for my 9 foot 6 by 18 foot 6 garage.
The rest of its getting built on the 25th of September then I just need to sort my mains power out

NATE NATE NATE NATE NATE NATE........

and I'll be done.

thefastestMelv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thefastestMelv on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Also tidied my tools out and put my assorted bollocks into neat little boxes

thefastestMelv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Cool, sounds a lot simpler than mine then- no digging for a concrete base?

Also, how many bollocks do you have?
I've only got two and keep them in a bag not a box- you might have seen them? Twisted Evil
Carry on.
Monglord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by esox on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:14 pm

So Hoon, how did the lazering go on the ol` glazzies?

Are you non-spectacled now and can viddy all super-sharp?

esox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top