The person who built this enfield really was a total fuckwit!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The person who built this enfield really was a total fuckwit!

Post by stinkwheel on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:08 am

Still on with building a 500 bullet to sell to fund some of the bits for the one for me. The amount of fail involved here is starting to seem almost wilfull. Chainguard attached to the frame and mudguard attached to the swingarm notwithstanding.

So I posted about the lumps of piston ring in the bottom of the crankcase before right?

Well, then there was the cheese-head bolt ready to drop into the tappets where a stud had been stripped out.

Ok, and the wiring.

The studding in place of an engine bolt.

Bought the wrong primary chain tensioner but fitted it anyway. Presumably with a hammer. So tight that the engine could barely turn.

Auto advance bob-weights off two different bikes with different sized slots in them. FIled down one of the pins so they fit on but no longer move.

He cleaned the OUTSIDE of the carb.

Todays took the biscuit thought. Only the previous high levels of excessive fuckwittery pointed me to this, I could have been at it for weeks. It would start, reluctantly and idle but any sniff of throttle and it would splutter, backfire and die. Had the carb utterly clean (even ultrasoniced it in acetone). Battery charged. TIming set absolutely bang-on.

Now what else could it be. It's like it's struggling to make a spark. I've redone all the wiring, The coil is good, it has new plugs. Could he have? But you wouldn't. Would you?

Anyone want to buy a 1959 6v condenser?

Anyone want to buy a 500 bullet? I expect not at the prices they are going for though. I shall be using keywords like "bobber" "project" "barn find" in the final auction.

Scott

stinkwheel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The person who built this enfield really was a total fuckwit!

Post by Big Chris on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:12 am

Nice "patina of rust" on your rear spokes too

Big Chris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stinkwheel on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:41 pm

No sirah! It is not rust, it is "raw finish".

It's a term frame builder are using for "Couldn't be arsed to paint it".

stinkwheel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thefastestMelv on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:40 am

What are you after for such a find fettled bag of monkey dribble? And what are you rDragon rally plans?

thefastestMelv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stinkwheel on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:43 pm

I'll have a think once I'm sure it's all running properly. Had a road test last night. There are still some "issues" with stuttering at higher revs and getting the clutch to disengage. That said, it romped up to 60mph so the engine is a good-un.

Dragon plans so far are that I plan to go. Almost certainly on the 350 bullet. Probably with the trailer.

stinkwheel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top