Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KLE progress

+2
_Mouse_
Big Chris
6 posters

Go down

KLE progress Empty KLE progress

Post by Big Chris Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:38 pm

I have made progress on my KLE!! woo hoot.

Before doing bike stuff I built a shed. There's method in the madness cos it got all my gardening tools out of the garage. So, having cleared loads of garage space, I had a day of KLE.

I did 3 jobs:
1) I fixed a non-functioning rear indicator, it's not worked for a month, but it seemed to fix itself when I prodded it with multimeter's prongs. Turned out quite easy, that one.
2) I removed handlebars, drilled the mysterious hole that stops twistgrip housing rotating round the bars. And most importantly, they're getting sprayed matt black. Top coat is drying as we speak.
3) The biggest task was re-locating the coolant bottle from the rear subframe, as standard its at the very back, behind the left sidepanel. I want to chop up the rear subframe, so it has to be re-located. Fortunatey I have fitted a different fuel tank (from a GPz500S) which has acres of space under it. And fortunately the stock coolant bottle could fit there at an angle which allows it to still function. So I spent much of the day making brackets to site it there. And not only is it going to be a post apoc survival bike, but nobody will see it when the fuel tank is on. So I don't have to worry about making a neat job of it.

If you know a brand of workgloves which combines dexterity with warmth let me know. Its been fkn cold in there, temperatures were below freezing all day.

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

KLE progress Empty Re: KLE progress

Post by _Mouse_ Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:35 am

The trick with keeping warm hands is to keep your core warm.
So long johns, a good fleece and a hat are the first thing to wear, then your hands will be warmer.
Very Happy

_Mouse_

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:26 pm

For working in cold with warm handies whilst maintaining dexterity I use a thinish pair of rubber-palmed work gloves under a pair of fingerless work gloves.

And as Mouse suggested, long johns/ thick socks/ scarf/ hat and many layers.
An occasional bout of jogging on the spot might help too Smile
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoo Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:29 pm

On the mainland we've got this thin called "central heating", it is excellent for keeping your hands warm during watching someone doing maintenance on your bike!

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by spotarama Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:51 pm

an excellent tip for keeping your hands warm is to move to australia, we're expecting at least 3 days of mid to high 30s whilst simultaneously enjoying a long weekend for 'stralia day
spotarama
spotarama

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:25 am

At the moment to keep my hands warm I just touch the areas I have recently welded.
Spotty, If I was in Aus on @Straya day I'd be doofing at Rainbow Serpent festival.

When my garage is rebuilt I will install central heating. Meantime I'm scouring gumtree for 2nd hand Kingspan. I have been offered a space heater too.

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by esox Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:10 pm

This is what you need to keep warm in the garage - still available for free collection!

KLE progress PA070003

esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by spotarama Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:47 pm

haven't heard how rainbow serpent went but there was a doofing in docklands that caused 20 or so kiddies to be hauled off to hospital with an excess of fun in their bodies

i did hear that the sniffer dogs were hitting rainbow serpent big time and they'd busted 15 DJ's by thursday arvo, god knows how many punters they got
spotarama
spotarama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down