Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would fancy going to Junktown Post apoc cosplay thing in Czech?

4 posters

Go down

Who would fancy going to Junktown Post apoc cosplay thing in Czech? Empty Who would fancy going to Junktown Post apoc cosplay thing in Czech?

Post by Big Chris Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:43 pm

Junktown is a post apoc event in a Communist era military base in Czech in the summer. I'm sure you've all seen photos of it online.

We could ride there, though it would probably be cheaper to fly Easyjet, but part of the point would be to turn up as road weary apocalyptic biker nomad trash.

have a think about it, we can discuss it at a later date

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Who would fancy going to Junktown Post apoc cosplay thing in Czech? Empty Re: Who would fancy going to Junktown Post apoc cosplay thing in Czech?

Post by magnamaniac Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:28 pm

I'm already planning to go again. Was there in 2017.
Take notice, for tickets you need to be early, no last moment decisions. They have limited amopunt of tickets. In 2017 it was quite easy to buy a ticket as foreigner, just send an email and you were almost certain to get one, not sure if still the same or you have to do the "ticket-frenzy"as soon as sales start. Also slots for postapo (rat as we call them)vehicles is limited since this year. They had much more registrations than slots.

magnamaniac

Back to top Go down

Who would fancy going to Junktown Post apoc cosplay thing in Czech? Empty Re: Who would fancy going to Junktown Post apoc cosplay thing in Czech?

Post by june_whitfield Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:48 pm

my German mate Alex went last year, without a ticket, and more or less walked just in....
but he has a talent for doing that

oh and Leigh and Nate were going to go too, but then they accidentally bought a house
june_whitfield
june_whitfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by virusjohn Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:13 pm

june_whitfield wrote:
oh and Leigh and Nate were going to go too, but then they accidentally bought a house

I wish I had those sorts of accidents, I accidentally buy crates of beer instead lol

virusjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by magnamaniac Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:25 pm

june_whitfield wrote:my German mate Alex went last year, without a ticket, and more or less walked just in....
but he has a talent for doing that

He really did have a talent for that there, yes. Had a great time with him there, was a nice surprice, just showing up.

magnamaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:52 am

Is riding there realistic? I imagine it would cost me more in petrol in for the UK leg of the tour than it would to fly in

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by june_whitfield Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:48 am

Big Chris wrote:Is riding there realistic? I imagine it would cost me more in petrol in for the UK leg of the tour than it would to fly in

what are you, a pilot or a biker?

without a bike, it'll just be a weird-ass costume party
june_whitfield
june_whitfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by magnamaniac Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Riding there and showing up on a ratbike is half the fun. They are all amazed about that. None of their vehicles is road legal.

magnamaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by june_whitfield Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:02 pm

june_whitfield
june_whitfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:36 am

what are you,  a pilot or a biker?

without a bike, it'll just be a weird-ass costume party[/quote]

I already do one of those in California, anothe rwon't make much difference.
How many of us have survival bikes capable of doing the road trip? I'd be willing to give the KLE a try, would probably have to carry oil though

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:38 am

june_whitfield wrote:people of Junk-Scotland, take note.....
https://ratbikezone.forumotion.com/t228-just-had-a-tour-of-the-molgol-rally-workshop#1569

oooh, a convoy from not-so-Bonnie Scotland, that could be interesting

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:43 pm

I contacted these guys, they no longer run a convoy to JunkTown, which is a pity

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by magnamaniac Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:47 pm

If I'm able to get a ticket (wass told to contact second half of september), I'm going for sure. Leave on wednesday, go through Ruhr-area as fast as possible and then take the nice roads to Bratronice. Leave there sunday afternoon and plan to be home wednesday-evening after some detours(just where the road takes me)
If you plan to go by bike Chris (you shoulkd of course), you're welcome to join me for the way up there.

magnamaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:54 pm

My ferry options are:
Rosyth (near Edinburgh) to Zeebrugge
or Hull to Zeebrugge or Rotterdam.
Which is nearer to you Chris? or is there a different ferry port I should land at? It may work out cheaper for me to do more miles on land than by sea, so maybe I should ride to Harwich

That would be an epic journey on the KLE.

The event is in mid June, are the tickets sold out already?

I am by no means saying that I am going, but I am trying to work out the logistics to see how hard it would be to get there.

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by magnamaniac Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Rotterdam would be nearest, other option is newcastle-IJmuiden, no idea which is most cost-efficiënt. If landmiles is much cheaper dover-calais/duinkerke is the way to go and next cross "straight" east to Bratronice.

No, tickets are not sold out, they haven't even started yet. Regular sales is a sort of online ticketsales frenzy. They have a limited amount of tickets (I think it was 500) which they unload in 3 or 4 batches, like March 1st a batch of 100 tickets, April 1st next batch and so on. These are sold out in minutes or even seconds. But for foreign visitors and/or special vehicles they open a seperate "sales"to which you can email, asking for tickets. At least, that's how it worked 2 years ago. Might have changed again.
BUT, i received the "vehicle-email" from one of the organisers with the advice to send an email with vehicle-info and such in the fall.
Last time I got my ticket for "free" by donating some used powertools and being the first guest who would DRIVE over in a postapo-vehicle

magnamaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down