Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9th and/or 10th March Ferrets bike mission

5 posters

Go down

9th and/or 10th March Ferrets bike mission Empty 9th and/or 10th March Ferrets bike mission

Post by twofiddy Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:44 am

Ok so as it's nearer the time and because Hoons post reminded me.

Ferret's bike has been off the road since forever, having spoken to him I don't think there is actually that much wrong with it.

From what I gather the main jobs are:

1, the wiring loom is about fucked.
2, The rear wheel has the usual K series corrosion and as such has a recoccuring air leak, and needs a new tyre.

There are a bunch of small jobs and the whole thing needs a general going over.

I really miss Fez being around with his sidecar at rallies and ride outs as I know he used to love driving people around endlessly all weekend on it.

SO with this in mind VJ and me are going to visit Fez on the 9th or 10th and make a start on fixing it, with a couple of pairs of hands it should be back up and running in no time.

I'm putting this on here in case anyone else wants to join in or offer any other kind of help.

twofiddy

Back to top Go down

9th and/or 10th March Ferrets bike mission Empty Re: 9th and/or 10th March Ferrets bike mission

Post by Monglord Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:38 am

That's a pukka thing to do. cheers

I would have considered it if it weren't so close to this weekend as it'll be quite spendy and I'm not working much due to the time of year.
I sort of did my bit a few yrs ago in Germany when he needed a clutch(?) fetching to get home if you remember.

If I had some parts that would help I'd ratpost them to you.

That's how it should be with mates, not getting someone to come over to 'help' you fix yer bike then leave them on their own in the cold for 3hrs while you go shopping like a certain someone we've been discussing on here recently did.

Good on you sir.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

9th and/or 10th March Ferrets bike mission Empty Re: 9th and/or 10th March Ferrets bike mission

Post by twofiddy Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:02 pm

To be fair I was planning to fuck off to the pub all day while VJ fixes it.

twofiddy

Back to top Go down

Post by _Mouse_ Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:12 am

Not sure if I'll be back on the road by then. But if I am then I'll be wanting a good ride out...

Ferret will be good to have around as he's memorised most of the manual and the online guides on how to fix the thing. Wink

_Mouse_

Back to top Go down

Post by june_whitfield Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:57 am

better tell Öre to keep his phone switched on all day Very Happy
june_whitfield
june_whitfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by virusjohn Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:11 am

Think fez said hes away. Might wanna call him.

virusjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by _Mouse_ Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:34 pm

virusjohn wrote:Think fez said hes away. Might wanna call him.

Yea, he's not there that weekend.

_Mouse_

Back to top Go down

Post by twofiddy Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:01 pm

virusjohn wrote:Think fez said hes away. Might wanna call him.

Been there/done that/don't care. It's getting finxed goddamnit!! Razz

twofiddy

Back to top Go down

Post by _Mouse_ Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:28 pm

I'd love to come up but got an AGM to run just after that weekend so will be at home boneing up on AGM stuff

_Mouse_

Back to top Go down

Post by virusjohn Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:09 am

Loolks like your hearding for this one then.

What time/day/tools etc?

virusjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by twofiddy Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:01 pm

Saturday I reckon due to shit weather on sunday.

No idea about tools, gonna nudge Fez for some more details.

twofiddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down