Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland, anyone been? What's worth seeing?

+4
spotarama
Monglord
june_whitfield
twofiddy
8 posters

Go down

Ireland, anyone been? What's worth seeing? Empty Ireland, anyone been? What's worth seeing?

Post by twofiddy Wed May 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Considering a trip with Leigh later this year and am looking for suggestions. Will be doing all the father ted stuff for sure.

twofiddy

Back to top Go down

Ireland, anyone been? What's worth seeing? Empty Re: Ireland, anyone been? What's worth seeing?

Post by june_whitfield Wed May 08, 2019 3:30 pm

Nice place if you catch one of the 5 days per year when it doesn't rain, to be sure to be sure.

You may want to hide that Leigh is from Boston though.
june_whitfield
june_whitfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ireland, anyone been? What's worth seeing? Empty Re: Ireland, anyone been? What's worth seeing?

Post by Monglord Wed May 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Potato
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by CB_Phil Sun May 12, 2019 3:04 pm

Tayto park is good craic, especially if you're bringing kids.

How long do you have & what are you into?

CB_Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by magnamaniac Sun May 12, 2019 5:53 pm

CB_Phil wrote:Tayto park is good craic, especially if you're bringing kids.

How long do you have & what are you into?
Nate, kids?
Ohhh God NO!!!

magnamaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by IFAIL Fri May 17, 2019 6:58 am

Every place that does Guinness 🍺😬
IFAIL
IFAIL

Back to top Go down

Post by CB_Phil Fri May 17, 2019 7:54 am

Father Ted stuff is all on the whest coast. I'd suggest doing some of the wild Atlantic way. Cracking roads, scenery & bars all along it.
I'd say Galway City down to Cork would be a good route

CB_Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by IFAIL Sat May 18, 2019 11:46 am

Game of thrones set in Ireland
IFAIL
IFAIL

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 pm

Don't go to Blarney castle, it's a f******g sh!th0le and a con.

I spent a summer driving tourist coaches round Ireland when I was between jobs here. (I used to drive tourist coaches in Scotland, someone rang me up out of the blue when I was skint and asked me to drive in Ireland for them). I thought most of the paid-for tourist attractions were sh!te. What was good was the unplanned spontaneous stuff such as going to the pubs, and the nature/beaches and much of the archaeological ruins which were free in a field were OK. Galway was OK.
Anything which was advertised was a disappointment, anything you stumbled on by accident turned out to be brilliant.
You get pissed off seeing cabbage palm trees everywhere too. Don't they have any indigenous plants
for the garden?
There's a tiny religious shrine at a place called Knock, which is surrounded by every form of business to fleece the pilgrims out of their cash. Soon you realise that the only thing worshipped is greenbacks.

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by twofiddy Thu May 30, 2019 12:18 pm

Tayto park! only in feckin' Ireland xD

We may do a couple of tourist things but it would certainly be great to see some random stumbled-upon stuff, for me that really makes a road trip special. Going back over my euro trips most of the tales I tell are from that kind of thing.

twofiddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down