Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here, and relatively new to biking.

+6
spotarama
twofiddy
voodoo
magnamaniac
esox
Lurchenstien
10 posters

Go down

New here, and relatively new to biking. Empty New here, and relatively new to biking.

Post by Lurchenstien Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:28 am

Although new here, and new to biking, rat bikes have been of interest to me for a while. I now have an '82 Honda CM125, and a '95 Honda CBR600F3 both of which have started their rat journey. The CM has been through a good dozen previous owners with little original parts left by the time I got it a couple of years ago, and a good few of those parts replaced since. I believe the CBR to be mostly stock at the moment, though I have just ripped off the fairings and gauges so I can change the headlights and speedo. Both bikes are running an RFID ignition, with an implant in my hand as the key to both bikes. I might strip the paint on the CBR's tank and put a coating of lacquer straight over. Once the tank, the headlight & speedo change, a brake hose change have been completed, along with figuring out where I'm gonna hide the harness hernia that has come with removing the fairing, I'm happy with just maintaining it so it's road legal, and letting the ratty-ness set in.

New here, and relatively new to biking. 3

New here, and relatively new to biking. 4

New here, and relatively new to biking. 1

New here, and relatively new to biking. 2

Lurchenstien

Back to top Go down

New here, and relatively new to biking. Empty Re: New here, and relatively new to biking.

Post by esox Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:56 am

I like the mudguard/headlight idea - never seen it done like that before, and in a ratbike world where nearly everything has been done before you`ve got to think hard to come up with new ideas! Idea
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

New here, and relatively new to biking. Empty Re: New here, and relatively new to biking.

Post by magnamaniac Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:36 am

welcome

magnamaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoo Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:02 am

Welcome from Hollandshire.

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by twofiddy Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:58 am

I do like that headlight/fairing. Like Esox says, it's hard to find stuff that hasn't been done before and often to death.

twofiddy

Back to top Go down

Post by spotarama Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:34 am

Welcome from australiastan

You'll find a wealth of information, experience and opinion here, unfortunately little of it relevant or useful but entertaining none the less
spotarama
spotarama

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:44 pm

Hello mate,
strangely enough I've got a CBR6 and a CM125 (plus others)- like the others your mudguard/ headlights idea is an original one.

Just out of interest I was wondering how you came across this forum?
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurchenstien Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:31 am

I found the forum with a google search for rat bike forum, there didn't look to be a whole lot else from the results that it showed me.

Lurchenstien

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:24 pm

Nah there isn't really apart from the FB pages.
Ever been to the R&S before? Worth going if you're into rats.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurchenstien Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:11 pm

I havent as of yet, but I may well make it along some time.

As I’ve just been messing with the CBRat, I figured I’d get a video of both bikes working with the implant.
https://youtu.be/FWMw0WXRpFQ

Lurchenstien

Back to top Go down

Post by redfog Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:40 am

After looking at the titles of your vids you really need to go to the R&Ss. Oh my gosh the entertainment! and the meeting new and lovely people and bikes and stuff x

redfog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurchenstien Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:24 pm

I couldnt remember what vids were on my Youtube, I’ve not uploaded any for a while. I did perform at some bike rally on the Isle of Wight a few years back, that was a good laugh.

Lurchenstien

Back to top Go down

Post by IFAIL Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:23 pm

Ello there, welcome
IFAIL
IFAIL

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:13 am

Welcome Lurch.
Nice bikes.
What part of the country are you in?

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by IFAIL Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:28 am

Ffs implant keys what will they think of next? Toooo technical for me 😬 toggle switch about my limit lol. The thief will turn butcher to nick ya bike.. 😬😬😬
Like the idea tho
IFAIL
IFAIL

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurchenstien Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:02 pm

Big Chris wrote:Welcome Lurch.
Nice bikes.
What part of the country are you in?

Thanks. I'm in Westbury, Wiltshire.

IFAIL wrote:Ffs implant keys what will they think of next?  Toooo technical for me 😬 toggle switch about my limit lol. The thief will turn butcher to nick ya bike.. 😬😬😬
Like the idea tho

Saves me losing the keys, I just keep a fuel tank key for each bike on the house keys, then jump on whatever bike I feel like. Also, in this lovely rain & cold, the implant works through gloves, so it saves messing about with keys.

Lurchenstien

Back to top Go down

Post by IFAIL Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:09 pm

Nice one, i get it
IFAIL
IFAIL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum