Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUST COS I'M THINKING OF YOU GUYS

2 posters

Go down

JUST COS I'M THINKING OF YOU GUYS Empty JUST COS I'M THINKING OF YOU GUYS

Post by spotarama Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:54 am

just had a thought, with winter rapidly approaching for those of you up there , you may want to explore the possibilities of heated jackets. I know last year someone was sewing tiny little wires in an intricate patter inside their jackets.
try heading down the car breakers and find a car with heated front seats, under the cover there will be a sort of mat with the heater elements attached along with the wiring connections to plug it into the cars 12 volt system.
these mat like things are very thin/flexible and about the size of a jacket side or back
sew it in, plug it in and enjoy
a public service announcement from someone who is looking forward to some nice 40degree plus riding days in the near future, you know the sort of thing, feeling guilty cos you've gone for a ride just wearing a tshirt and jeans and its still too hot
spotarama
spotarama

Back to top Go down

JUST COS I'M THINKING OF YOU GUYS Empty Re: JUST COS I'M THINKING OF YOU GUYS

Post by Big Chris Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:42 am

I have fond memories of trailriding in Vic High country wearing T-shirt + body armour.

My winter bike has 4 wheels. The cost of a shitbox car being around £300 is way cheaper than the damage all that winter salt can do to a bike.

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum