Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haven Post-apoc event was fkn brilliant

2 posters

Go down

Haven Post-apoc event was fkn brilliant Empty Haven Post-apoc event was fkn brilliant

Post by Big Chris Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:22 pm

Haven was great. And the good news is that there is now a "UK post-apoc scene" cos there are 2 events in the calendar now.

It's not a bike rally, it's refreshingly different. There's an interesting mix of people. Only 100 attended, the site could hold about 250 tops, but its private land and therefore a private outdoor party.

A personal highlight was seeing inter tribal raids of each other's camps. One tribe had built a "nerf mortar" which used a pint of hairspray as an explosive charge and fired a single shot of approx 50 nerf bullets a distance of about 25 metres. Smoke grenades were thrown and lots of good natured mayhem ensued.

There were only 2 bikes there, mine plus a BMW, mine had definitely had the most work done. There was a cool "mini on a lifted diahatsu 4x4" vehicle, and a rat bastard crew Nissan almera, which wasn't PA but was cool as it had been home customised on the cheap with lots of humour.

More vehicles would be welcome, ratty and survival bikes especially. THey knock £10 off the ticket if you have a vehicle, so it cost me £20 to get in and beer was £3 a pint, so they're hardly ripping us off. It was fun, laid back, and chilled.

THey're holding another one in September.

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Haven Post-apoc event was fkn brilliant Empty Re: Haven Post-apoc event was fkn brilliant

Post by Monglord Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:55 pm

Sounds ok, got any pics and a link to the page/ site please?
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Haven Post-apoc event was fkn brilliant Empty Re: Haven Post-apoc event was fkn brilliant

Post by Big Chris Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:15 am

The FB group for it is PA-UK, and "Haven First Light" and "Haven Outpost" seem to be the event names to search on. I'll upload photos when I have a spare hour to fanny about with resizing and Hosting sites.

Big Chris

Monglord likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down