Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here`s one.

2 posters

Go down

Here`s one. Empty Here`s one.

Post by esox Sun May 29, 2022 11:02 am

Here`s one. A39f2777ef622b433e1fd31f2236edcc
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Here`s one. Empty Re: Here`s one.

Post by Monglord Sun May 29, 2022 6:21 pm

You been to the Bike Shed show?

I was there yesterday and photographed the same bike, mad ain't it.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by esox Sun May 29, 2022 6:40 pm

Nah, i saw it posted on another site and thought it might be of interest here.

Hold on, you went to The Bike Shed!!!
I hope you parked your most `orrible bike right next to all the hipster customs and brown seat merchants.
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Sun May 29, 2022 7:07 pm

My brother was showing his blingy RDLC there and had a free pass for me.

I was riding the only rat in the village!

Wouldn't normally have gone but it was a good day out, beer was normal pub prices so not a complete piss take but the queues for food were ridiculous- had to duck out for a McDs unfortunately.
The bikes on display were quite varied and plenty to stop and actually look at, some really impressive quality stuff including a complete scratch built one off bike (including the engine) which photos would not have done justice to- the engineering on it was amazing, it was all polished brass and chrome but once you started studying it there were so many clever little touches.
3 tattoo parlours, a barber shop (of course) and lots of cushioned leather sofas.
The venue itself was really interesting, I could be persuaded to go again- yes there were CXs & BMWs with brown leather saddles but not loads, there weren't even that many 'oldschool' choppers with stupidly narrow 'bars!

It seems the days of the really cliched hipster may be declining, there was a distinct lack of oiled beards and lumberjack shirts- the attendees were quite varied in age and gender.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Sun May 29, 2022 8:27 pm

Two C90 engines driving one chain, quite clever (camera clearly (lol) didn't focus very well):
Here`s one. Bs110
Stickys Speed Shop build. This guy had a few bikes on show and I liked his sense of humour in the builds (tail light says 'fuck'):
Here`s one. Bs210
My brother talking about his bike to a German freelance journo who had come over just for the show:
Here`s one. Bs310

My brother told me there were people wheeling their bikes in for display on the Friday with clingfilm wrapped round the tyres to keep them clean! Laughing

One thing I noticed compared to 'regular' bike shows at rallies was the amount of punters touching and fondling the bikes on display (they seemed to stop short of sitting on them), I was honestly quite shocked- I'd have expected that at a trade show with mainstream manufacturers trying to shift their wares but not something like this.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by esox Sun May 29, 2022 8:41 pm

I read somewhere the price of a CAN of beer was £5.75!!

When i read your brother had an LC there i was hoping it was this one;

Here`s one. 707b4ccb0ef8e8c8617cef4c2b5d3c52

Is Bosozoku going to take over from the hipsters now you reckon?

Here`s one. 5e08eb8e66bd1a4962221fb2d0cc1d8a

I`ll have to remember that cling film trick for this Friday.
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Sun May 29, 2022 9:08 pm

Two pints, not cans, were £11.90- in my local (so not quite London prices) you can pay £5.10 for a pint of premium lager.

I'm amazed at the lack of Boso builds in this country, for the amount of time they've existed in Japan virtually no-one does it here which in some respects keeps it special so I guess that's a good thing, I feckin' love it.

That particular RD was built by the guy who runs the Gibson exhaust company hence the trick 2-1 expansion chamber exhaust, my brother said the wheels on it are something special too but I don't remember exactly what.
It said RZ250 on the tailpiece so possibly it's a Japanese import which could explain the pukka seat unit and BEET side panels which apparently are solid metal and not plastic as I had assumed.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum