Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just kitted my son out for cheap.

2 posters

Go down

I just kitted my son out for cheap. Empty I just kitted my son out for cheap.

Post by Monglord Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:11 pm

Max asked to go out with me on the solo the other day, I was very hesitant to agree at first but after a few days thought I decided at 13 he's big enough to fit safely on the pillion.
So if I treat every other road user with even less trust than I do when I'm on my own, now is probably a fair time to take him out so he needs some proper gear.

I found this site and got him helmet, boots, trousers & gloves (I already have a jacket that fits him from a neighbour) for less than £200:
https://www.xlmoto.co.uk/

They've got a summer sale on atm so I got myself a new pair of summer gloves while I was at it.
It's a Swedish company so it'll take 10 days- 2wks for delivery but the shipping is free over £100 and there's a 60 days return policy.

Could be worth a squizz if you need any gear.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

I just kitted my son out for cheap. Empty Re: I just kitted my son out for cheap.

Post by der_nanno Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:12 am

Good Morning, what size is Max? (metric measurements preferred Razz ) - I still should have some jackets and gloves from when Killian was a (small) boy, unless we got rid of them at some point...

Cheers,
Greg

der_nanno

Back to top Go down

I just kitted my son out for cheap. Empty Re: I just kitted my son out for cheap.

Post by Monglord Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:06 pm

Hi Greg,
He's 13 so nearly as tall as me at (hold on while I convert to metric) 160cm, I'm 180ish now having shrunk slightly already!
The jacket our neighbour gave us is a medium, a British medium that is- not sure how it equates to Euro sizing.
We've got all the gear now but if you're thinking of loading Nate & Leigh down with goodies- go for it. Very Happy

I hear it's just possible that you might visit the island soon, be good to see you if you do.

Cheers mate.
Monglord
Monglord

der_nanno likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by der_nanno Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:21 pm

They left this morning, so piling up stuff on the back of their bikes is a bit out of question unless I plan to chase them down... :-/

der_nanno

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:29 pm

It's ok, they don't travel very fast. Very Happy Very Happy
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:37 pm

All the gear got delivered two days ago and we looked at it this afternoon, very happy with it all- quality is spot on, especially for the price.

Looking forward to taking him out for his first road ride on a solo (since he was born, he was riding from conception to about 7 months).
Monglord
Monglord

der_nanno likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down