Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any takers for the Dragon Rally this year?

3 posters

Go down

Any takers for the Dragon Rally this year? Empty Any takers for the Dragon Rally this year?

Post by stinkwheel Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:58 pm

I'm planning on going, bought my ticket.

Just need to finish the bike now. My 350 bullet suffered an EPIC fail earlier last year. A valve snapped!
Any takers for the Dragon Rally this year? JifwM2y9D5ZCpxDX_E2W5VrNRd0UsbLzSNUVCsBJqyLEvaQPOLu8PeFSQCH2Ht9_uQLfSpikFxdSNUJsQ8yCpT64MA244NQ84O_yPXKTXekX97i3uRR-N_wel2GBnSwhFPRWnDYBmg=w1155-h866-no

Didn't do the head much good either.

A LOT of elbow grease later.

Any takers for the Dragon Rally this year? P_q_Tx43MPeAIv2kgQN4EvcBs7XplO42lTT7DiWafKAMfInbY0zE5MdnN81Cn7S2uRUuS_PXiyzFXpacK0Z5_YdB0IHL6kmYjm-dTPKfVs-ZGZN0Qmfof5Jm0cV-NNs21cNWPiiXCA=w1155-h866-no

Then it turned out the drive shaft was loose inthe crank and had ovalled the flywheel (unrelated fail).

Then the recon crank came with the timing shaft ground the wrong size.

However, I did find a NOS heppolite piston for it.

Decicded to make it into a long distance trials bike. Here's where I'm at just now.

Any takers for the Dragon Rally this year? Pv3ZaaOMCFu3NliJy4Dkb0tl-ghoRPlLk0eU7-fr3Jcvog5jO_yxXyfFN5vIZEKP9w995IBqQyFPAzD_sL9yfO7jDhvUsSN9IC1BAiDiABMoNPhEER58b4C7ygNPGEHO93DAHZsqcg=w1155-h866-non

Any takers for the Dragon Rally this year? O1AqXyb0Cgv_1jespHMzYSzMX5VEJvF-0WHncqU_DDSEJBcenfVtr0OObGH7Xe8jSUco2lpGHzJUzvnQGTL-xJhshdfKSDZ0u0jdnLvQAopnEji2jI9g9hwgLMj2CjSLA9w4F6r7FQ=w1155-h866-no

Just needs finishing, MOT-ing and running in before February... What could possibly go wrong?

stinkwheel

Back to top Go down

Any takers for the Dragon Rally this year? Empty Re: Any takers for the Dragon Rally this year?

Post by june_whitfield Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:57 pm

oh....
I fully expected an Enfield to be sidevalve

having valves and pistons occupy the same space is such ungentlemanly behaviour
june_whitfield
june_whitfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Any takers for the Dragon Rally this year? Empty Re: Any takers for the Dragon Rally this year?

Post by stinkwheel Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:43 pm

Indeed. It all got a little crowded and uncivilised in there.

stinkwheel

Back to top Go down

Post by stinkwheel Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:10 pm

The forum really cocked up that first post! Turned it into a garbled mess.

However. Some win at last! Not only does it run but my overly complex relay controlled AC lighting system works!

stinkwheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:49 pm

Yup, just ordered mine- wasn't sure for a while but I do fancy it again this year.

I believe Ant/ Melv/ Tommo and BabySheep are going.
I shall prolly meet them at the Bruce Pollard on Friday, don't know what my work situation will be and trying to filter with them on the zombie wasn't really fun.

So I'd better get an MOT and insure the beast, I'd like to see if I can wire up the driving lights and spot light finally too 'cos it'll make the twisty unlit Welsh roads a little more pleasant if I can see a little better.

Is it me or have they not sold out all the tickets as early as previously?
When I went 3 yrs ago I only got a ticket 'cos Melv knew someone in the C90 club who couldn't go.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by stinkwheel Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:14 am

Attendance is very variable. i think groups of people egg one another on to go sometimes...

It may be that the number of tickets available also varies according to the site. We're overdue a crap site, it's sometimes on a costal airfield or Anglsea racetrack.

stinkwheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:41 am

Ah, I see- that would make sense.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by stinkwheel Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:32 pm

stinkwheel

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:28 pm

Right, so I should be going still- just not on the zombie 'cos the front brakes are giving me gip.

Just waiting to hear from my insurers to get the CBR covered which it turns out still had tax and MOT, after removing the carbs to cure a leaking float bowl I reckon it's good to go.

The ride home Sunday through the predicted storm would have been more bearable on the outfit but I still want to go and have an adventure so fuck the weather!
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down