Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freeze up

+6
Big Chris
june_whitfield
esox
_Mouse_
Monglord
moldwing
10 posters

Go down

Freeze up  Empty Freeze up

Post by moldwing Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:23 pm

Hoon said he was up for hearding this one bless him Razz Razz

moldwing

Back to top Go down

Freeze up  Empty Re: Freeze up

Post by Monglord Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:53 pm

haha, fuck you ya dick!

What you said on the phone to me was that you were up for a FuP and you were going to see if you could persuade someone else to herd for it.
I distinctly remember telling you that I herded for this years and that it was someone elses turn.

You cock.

Anyway, I'm up for a FuP and volunteer VJ to do the firewood transporting duties now he has a pickup with plenty of space- I can haul some firewood in the zombie but not enough to keep several people warm for two nights in winter.
This yrs venue was ok if nowhere else is found but we need to source some free/ cheap wood as the pub landlord will rape us again if we buy it from him.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by _Mouse_ Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Yea, we need somewhere a little less gentrified and able to put up with our shite.

_Mouse_

Back to top Go down

Post by esox Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:20 pm

_Mouse_ wrote:Yea, we need somewhere a little less gentrified and able to put up with our shite.

That`ll be The Crawley then!!
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:31 pm

Not being funny but I'm not going to that shit'ole again, didn't we all agree to stop going there?

While I'm in the mood for a moan (the fucking cub leader where Max goes is such a disorganized soppy bitch, if it wasn't the fact they all volunteer and he enjoys it and learns useful shit I'd take him out of it- the amount of unnecessary stress she causes. Cubs is supposed to instil discipline and order not panic and poor time- keeping!) I digress :
Last time I thought we all agreed that the Crawley was a bit dire, there was the usual apathy from everyone else to find an alternative so I went to the trouble of finding somewhere central/ that allowed fires so that at least it continued- and how much shite are we supposed to be allowed to get away with, did this years attendees feel that their fun was restricted because they felt the need to behave themselves?
At least those that attend could take some responsibility and maybe we all take turns to organise it?
Apart from the firewood fiasco I didn't see what was wrong with the place.

Rant over.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by june_whitfield Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:38 am

yeah what Esox said! why all the hate for the Crawley?

in any case, it appears the problem has already been solved: Freeze Up Date & Location
june_whitfield
june_whitfield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:26 pm

1) Not being funny but early Dec is hardly a FuP time of yr- should be Feb innit.
This yr only ended up being March 'cos not enough people could do it any earlier before y'all start.

2) I'm not going through the Crawley discussions again, suffice to say that it was discussed last yr and general consensus at the time was that it wasn't right for FuP any more- if y'all wanna go back there it's up to you (I might entertain it if that's what ends up happening but we'll see).

2.5) Maybe it was just me and I bullied everyone into agreeing with me?
I definitely remember putting it out to everyone about a change and getting feedback that agreed with my thoughts from the majority of those who responded.

3) Ok, go on then the pub layout/ warmth situation doesn't work for me at the Crawley- maybe it's just me but if you don't get a seat near the fire then you never quite warm up and the seating layout meant that we ended up breaking into two or three little groups.

4) Maybe the situation at the Crawley has changed? I wouldn't be amazed if it's not open any more tbh.

5) Whatever, I'm not herding for it so why should I care? Razz

6) Anyone managed to visit Tash at the pub she now runs in the Stafford area?
I was going to with Max but did my back 2 days before we were due to go.
Maybe that would be a good location with a sympathetic landlady?
Although having said that having looked at the website I'd say it looks far too nice (prolly be too posh to "put up with our shite") Wink
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:28 am

I failed to get to both the R&S and Apocalyptica this year, it'd be nice to see you lot so I'll try to venture southwards form Edinburgh.
Chances are the post apocalyptic KLE will still be unrideable and in bits so I'd be going on my very non ratty white triumph.

That said,I am partway through organising for my work to send me to India in February. The deal is they pay flights and accommodation for me to do a week's work out there, and then I can delay my return flight by a week, possibly 2, (and still have it covered by their high end travel insurance policy). So I'd get a holiday in India in Feb, part of it paid for by work.
I'm still trying to get riding an enfield added to the travel insurance policy.
So I may not be able to do a Feb one.
So, actually, I'm a bit shit and unable to commit to a freezup this year. Arse.

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by _Mouse_ Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Big Chris wrote:So I'd get a holiday in India in Feb, part of it paid for by work.

If there was ever a work related reason for missing a social event of any kind this is exactly it. Laughing

_Mouse_

Back to top Go down

Post by rolandrat Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Funny isn't it, the main thing I disliked about the crawley was the actual campsite was a. a bit shit and b. not suitable for twatting around on

either way, I don't realistically expect to be back in the uk on a bike in the next year or two between college and the new house :/

R

rolandrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:44 pm

Kind of agreed about the campsite, not really twatting space but quite liked the peace and quiet/ stream- nice little valley/ but not exactly expansive views.

I guess Farmer Ps would be the ideal venue if there was a pub on site?
Or maybe if there was a barn/ large container we could have a fire in to properly thaw out, that's really the only reason I like it to be beside a pub- although saying that there's nothing like getting sloshed in the conviviality of a decent public house (and the Crawley can not be described as that but that's just my opinion, I think it has character sure but no charm).

I guess we need one of us to buy an ex army tent/ small marquee large enough to fit us all in with a log burner or similar.

Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by thefastestMelv Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:33 am

I'll be doing the dragon rally agin this year as well as the bruce pollard thing on the friday.
what about doing the both as the freezeup?
Scope for fire and beer and a warm marque

thefastestMelv

Back to top Go down

Post by virusjohn Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:04 pm

ok fuckheads, I may be volunteering myself here, but this place looks good and i can give em a call in the week if there are no objections. If we wanna be using my truck as a firewood hauler I want somewhere close to me cause I aint going back for the XJ and I may be able to sort 2 loads of firewood from a local industrial estate to me.

virusjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:30 am

I`m all ears- give us the location.....

Just as a side note I`ve been called for Jury service (again, last time was 20 odd yrs ago) on the 5th Feb, if I can come I will.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by virusjohn Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:51 am

Ah i failed at the link. Pub called the globe inn, Snarestone Leicestershire. I was thinking last weekend in jan would be a good one

virusjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Looks alreet, long as I can make it and aren`t on the solo I`ll bring what firewood I can- maybe we can all go out to your local source on the Sat for more if needed.

Well done for finding somewhere for us.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by virusjohn Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:34 am

Hold ya horses, I havent even phoned them yet I just thought id mention it here and see what the general view was.

Then I remembered that the general view is mostly 'ill go if it works out' lol hooray for cat herding.

virusjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Ok.
Have you ever been there?

Do they allow fires that we can provide our own firewood for in the 'lower camping field' they mention?

As long as they allow fires and aren't too precious about their grass I bet they'll be ok with it as they offer camping and it tends to be slack in the winter.
The interior looks kinda poncy but if they allow us lot in there and it's warm I don't mind.

I'll put a 'bump' (I think the young internets people say) in the general zone area, are you touting it on the Facebooks as well- happy herding Very Happy
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by moldwing Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:56 am

Looks good to me. good work VJ

moldwing

Back to top Go down

Post by virusjohn Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Never been there, just saw it on internet.

googlemaps looks like they have a bonfire at the end of their field so im thinking they probably wouldnt mind.

I'll give them a call early january. I'll suggest 5-10 people for 26th-28th jan and see how much they want unless anyone has any objections.

virusjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Sounds like a plan.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by twofiddy Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:44 am

If it's that close we'll stop by on saturday for a few hours Smile

twofiddy

Back to top Go down

Post by esox Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Too far north for my usual freezeup one-nighter..
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:19 pm

Doubt I can make it. I hope to get to the R&S though

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by virusjohn Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:55 pm

Well the website says 8 quid a night camping if we dont want electricity Laughing

Unfortunately every time i try and call I cant get through, Im also mega the fuck busy right now so im going to hand the ropes over to someone else if they wanna volunteer. phone number for the globe is 01530272020 if anyone wants to try there or feel free to try and find somewhere else.

I'll still be there and do firewood missions just so long as its not the last weekend in feb cause i'll be doing the R2R promo vid then.

edit: just been told im busy last weekend of jan too, family stuff

virusjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:33 pm

I have heard rumblings about this promo vid, what's the craic then?

How far north is it?
I kinda doubt it but are you stopping over?
Maybe we could make it into the FuP and find a site nearby?

I volunteer Dan to take the reins as he started this and was keen although I suspect he'll need a bit of guidance!
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down