Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bloody hell, he's still alive and posting.....

4 posters

Go down

bloody hell, he's still alive and posting..... Empty bloody hell, he's still alive and posting.....

Post by spotarama Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:22 am

long delayed greetings from still down under

it has been a while but i'm still breathing and haven't succumbed to the plague yet

since we last conversed i have had myself one of those 1500 valkyrie things which due to advanced age, arthritis and the bloody cylinders being in a stupid place was totally unsuitable as a means of transportation so i swapped it for....

A Triumph Rocket 3...and after several modifications to the footpeggy area and fitting a set of apehangers it fits me well enough to ride, but there will be a new seat to be built for it to make it actually comfortable rather than just tolerable

i've still got the vmax , the zzr11 ( electrical issues are still the issue with that one and i got my CB750 trailbike back. the current plan is to get the stinkin' ZZR working and flog it off to fund more work on both the R3 and the CB

i also have a pocket mini GP bike on a shelf in the loungeroom but doesn't everyone ?
spotarama
spotarama

Back to top Go down

bloody hell, he's still alive and posting..... Empty Re: bloody hell, he's still alive and posting.....

Post by spotarama Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:31 am

And by the magic of learning how to use my phone here may or may not be some pics of stuffbloody hell, he's still alive and posting..... Img_2014
bloody hell, he's still alive and posting..... Img_2012
bloody hell, he's still alive and posting..... Img_2013
spotarama
spotarama

Back to top Go down

bloody hell, he's still alive and posting..... Empty Re: bloody hell, he's still alive and posting.....

Post by esox Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:55 pm

G`day.
I like Rocket 3`s, never seen one with apes on, though.
Cut it`s arse end off!
(and get rid of that chr***e)
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by spotarama Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:00 am

i'm looking for a set of cheap ( damaged ) guards that i can chop and apply appropriately black and non reflective coating to, might leave the chrome for a while though
spotarama
spotarama

Back to top Go down

Post by RatBikeNate\m/ Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:17 am

Good to hear you're still in the saddle.

How'd the valkyrie compare to the rocket in terms of handling and power delivery? Never seen a Valkyrie in the flesh though the rockets are pretty common round here.
RatBikeNate\m/
RatBikeNate\m/

Back to top Go down

Post by der_nanno Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:31 am

I mean that R3 could do with a bit of supercharger whine... you know, to keep things interesting. :-)

der_nanno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down