Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

you all alive out there?

+5
RatBikeNate\m/
Monglord
esox
voodoo
virusjohn
9 posters

Go down

you all alive out there? Empty you all alive out there?

Post by virusjohn Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:23 am

been quiet here for a bit. Been quiet myself tbh including faceache once i realised how much less stress there is in life when your not telling the whole world every detail of it.

In other news exess passed her last compulsory MOT before shes tax n mot exempt next april. Still gunna keep getting an MOT just to make sure im not being too silly with it, Looking forward to not paying fuckin 110 quid road tax a year tho

virusjohn

Back to top Go down

you all alive out there? Empty Re: you all alive out there?

Post by voodoo Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:06 am

No, I died and gone to hell! ;-)

Nothing much going on here, except for rebuilding a rather ratty gsx600f for my son, who recently got his license.

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by esox Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:27 pm

virusjohn wrote:In other news exess passed her last compulsory MOT before shes tax n mot exempt next april.

Does your motor bicycle fullfil the following criteria as detailed from the relevant governmental department?

"You do not need to get an MOT if: the vehicle was built or first registered more than 40 years ago. no 'substantial changes' have been made to the vehicle in the last 30 years, for example replacing the chassis, body, axles or engine to change the way the vehicle works."

`Substantial changes`? Nah, it`s virtuall standard, mate, just as it came off the production line.....
Nope, neither does the CX-Periment and i can`t wait until April next year to avoid MOTing it and bending over for the hundred-odd fecking quid a year fee for riding it occasionally...
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by virusjohn Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:11 pm

ah but page 2 of the v112 mentions (other than for motorcycles)
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5f7eceefe90e07741465559a/v112-declaration-of-exemption-from-mot.pdf

even so im still not willing to risk it, and my MOT tester likes to have a laugh at it every year too.

Good choice on the gsx6f, good reliable bikes and you can cram a bandit 12 in there relativley easy you know Wink

virusjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoo Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:15 pm

Bandit 12 engine and A2 license don't combine very well, me thinks Suspect

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by esox Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:31 pm

`other than for motorcycles`

Aha, good find young man, that`ll do me.
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:52 pm

Nice one VJ, good call on the FB thing.
Well done with the MOT.

Sounds good Voodoo.

Esox my son, you survived the Covids- well done.

The 'Wing is now 40, time to get it back on the road for next year methinks.
Especially as there's a new young lady in my life, yeah- it's safe to go official with that now I can safely say Smile
Monglord
Monglord

Tatty likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by virusjohn Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:19 pm

Nice one hoon, Bringing her to a doo or keeping her safe away from us morons for a bit longer? Laughing

Would be good to see the wing back in action, its one of my least hated sidecars (cant say i like it, june will have a heart attack) lol

virusjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by RatBikeNate\m/ Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:14 pm

I think a lot of folks have binned off Facebook. And even the ones that are on there don't post owt.

We're around but have pretty much taken a year off, mostly concentrating on studying and working. Hoping to do a lot more fun stuff next year.
RatBikeNate\m/
RatBikeNate\m/

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:33 pm

I'm alive. My Ratbike is on the bench getting carbs and airbox looked at. Tomorrow is our bike club's last overnight run of the year. We are going to a hotel in Argyll to get royally drunk. I'll go to that on my Triumph Tiger which is gloss white so I don't talk about it much here. It recently got a wider taller screen from the US of A which is brilliant. If anyone is thinking of getting a Palmer Products screen raiser....don't.

I'm on FB less and less, though I do enjoy trolling rip-off merchants on the VW T5 van forums.

My vehicle customisation efforts have been going into my van. I have managed to make a bed setup that allwos for quick and easy conversion from comfy-ish camper to empty van for shifting bikes or building materials. I am also defying the so called experts of facebook by having 240v kettle and microwave.

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by der_nanno Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:32 am

Yeah, still alive and kickin' ... kinda. Sold the Lada after being offered stupid money for it and am drowning in work at work and started my PhD about a month ago, which so far hasn't been too much work, but has been very emotionally rewarding.

Other than that... feeling weirdly attracted to Suzuki Samurais as Land Rover Defenders are completely out of reach overhere financially.

der_nanno

Back to top Go down

Post by spotarama Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:38 am

i'm reportedly still around ( although obviously a fuck of a long way away )
i've been putting in many hours building the cb750 trail bike with some success, photos one day when it looks a bit more together
its just coming in to summer here so its therefore time to whinge about 30plus degree day after day
spotarama
spotarama

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:05 pm

"Nice one hoon, Bringing her to a doo or keeping her safe away from us morons for a bit longer?"

I'd love to bring her to a doo, she's mega busy a lot of the time- we'll have to see what can be worked out.
I think us morons need to be kept safe from her, she don't take much shit Smile
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by IFAIL Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:52 pm

Yeah just popped in to see whats going on,. We all getting old and focked, I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, so far in my wrists and shoulders FFS. I figured sleeping in a tent on hard ground going to be a tad un comfy, bad enough in a bed. On meds now so hopefully I should be good for a doooo at some point.
Was thinking of doing something for my 60th this year.
IFAIL
IFAIL

Back to top Go down

Post by esox Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:11 pm

IFAIL wrote:Was thinking of doing something for my 60th this year.

Where will you be holding this doo Ade, at the Tonbridge Wells Age Concern coffee morning? Very Happy Very Happy
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by IFAIL Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:08 am

Generally held in a church 🤣🤣🤣
IFAIL
IFAIL

Back to top Go down

Post by IFAIL Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:11 am

I defo wanna doooo suming, maybe hire a boat for a weekend? Not enough room on ours
IFAIL
IFAIL

Back to top Go down

Post by IFAIL Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:46 pm

So far so good 👍
IFAIL
IFAIL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down