Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale

3 posters

Go down

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale Empty Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale

Post by Big Chris Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:37 am

"The Scream" (my survival bike) appeared  in readers rides within Back Street Heroes.

The photos were taken at V2A fest which is a post apoc event near Kidderminster. V2A is an Industrial Band from that area but who have played at Wasteland Weekend several years. The event is the closest UK event to Wasteland Weekend.

Nik published this photo in BSH a few months back.

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502442am

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502443xz

The bike is up for sale

It looks like I am about to get a new project bike. And I could do with a survival bike which can take a pillion. (My new lady is interested in coming with me on bikes, and she's up for the whole mad max dress up thing! Fantastic)
A mate has a GSX1100G which I hope is coming in my direction.

So the Scream has to go. I need the space in the garage. Price will be "the going rate for a scruffy high mileage  20 year old KLE with an MOT". I'm not trying to rip anyone off.

Description of the bike:
Its a 1995 KLE500 with a GPZ500S engine. the GPZ engine is 60bhp whereas a KLE is 50 bhp. It has the KLE airbox  so it doesn't have the full 60bhp of a GPZ, but it has the cams, carbs etc so its a quick little flyer.
The conversion to survival bike was done over the winter of the Beast From The East.
It has won best survival at the R&S twice. It does about 2000 to 4000 miles per year, I don't ride in winter.

There's a new rear subframe giving it the spiky shape. That welding was done by a  local chop builder so its strong. Other than that , it has a GPZ500S tank. The rest of the bodywork is home made, much of it using 3mm thick polycarbonate sheet that has since been sprayed black.
The best bit is probably the headlights, which are HID projecta lights. They are small and bright, they weren't cheap. But they actually light up country roads at night.

If you're interested, or if you know someone who is, contact me. We can have a conversation offline.
I'm going to bring it to the R&S and put up a "for sale" sign next to it. After all, the kind of people who might buy a survival bike will be at the R&S.

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502397dv

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502398ij
Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502400ma

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale Empty Re: Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale

Post by Big Chris Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:02 am

The bike currently looks like this, except it has a standard KLE front mudguard, which is matt black of course.

It also has a removable rack so it can take luggage. that rack has taillights and indicators built in. There's a multiplug in the loom under the seat to connect it.
It also has a removable front screen, which is based on an Africa Twin aftermarket taller screen. The screen reduces wind noise by about 2 thirds. Between the rack and the screen, it is possible to do long motorway journeys to get to events, and unbolt the screen and rack to look cool and enter the bike in the show.

There's an extending mudflap under the rear mudguard, its 8 inches long, with part of it concealed inside the tailpiece. So when roads are wet it keeps the worst of the rain off your back.

The seat is hinged, so there's a storage space under the seat. It locks with a key so it is secure, you can see the keyhole on the right side. I carry a pouch of tools in there. There is also a cig lighter for phone charging, and an optimate lead, so its dead easy to plug in the optimate without having to faff about getting to the battery.
Near the left pillion footpeg is a holder for an Abus D-lock, so its easy to carry some security with you.

You'd want to be taller than average to get on it. If you're under 5 foot 8inches you might struggle. Or you could lower it.

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502643oz

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502644tt

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502645rp

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502646rk

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502647nm

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502648is

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502649yy

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502651rp

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale 43502655il

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale Empty Re: Media Whore!! and survival bike for sale

Post by voodoo Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:14 pm

Does it come with the pink-haired lady?

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by magnamaniac Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:06 pm

Not interested, i've got enough ratbikes, but a question.
Is it a 1st or 2nd Gen GPZ engine? In other words, does it have an "exploding alternator-magnets" risk or not?

magnamaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:30 pm

magnamaniac wrote:Not interested, i've got enough ratbikes, but a question.
Is it a 1st or 2nd Gen GPZ engine? In other words, does it have an "exploding alternator-magnets" risk or not?

Its a 1994 D1 engine. Not the exploding alternator type

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:31 pm

voodoo wrote:Does it come with the pink-haired lady?

No, but you could contact her....
Look up "raze hell entertainment" on instagram

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Fri May 13, 2022 9:13 am

I'm asking £600 for it. The current MOT runs out in September. But I will get a fresh MOT so when it changes hands it will have a brand new one.

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down