Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A visit from the fail possum

4 posters

Go down

A visit from the fail possum Empty A visit from the fail possum

Post by Bren Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:30 pm

Imagine my delight as after looking forward to going to the R&S for months, my bike decided to boil its battery about an hour and a half into the journey, obviously I was in heavy traffic in the fast lane when said fail occurred, just to add some pant filling excitement to the experience, so I found myself sitting on the side of the road in the worlds biggest ants nest ever, they proved to be most unhappy about me invading their real estate, so there I am being eaten by ants on the side of a stupidly busy road with a low charge in my phone, eyeing the freshly fitted usb charger with a certain sense of irony whilst watching lots of motorbikes riding by carefully not seeing me, anyway long story short, a young lad in a works van pulled over to see if I was ok and gave me a bottle of water, followed a little while later by another young lad asking if there was anything he could do, by this time I'd gone through the contacts in my phone, rung the Mrs who rang around to try to get help to no avail, well not until later in the evening anyway, so getting a little bit desperate I rang an old customer I hadn't seen for ages who turned up an hour and a half later in a van full of plumbing gear and tools and all the cushions off the family settee, as ''not to scratch your bikes paint'',  so we unload the van on the side of the road, lift the bike in, repack all the plumbing gear and head off home, he refused all offers of payment too, genuinely pissed off about not making it, but it's nice to know there are some really decent people out there, plus I spent more time with my binlids and fixed the bike.
Bren
Bren

Back to top Go down

A visit from the fail possum Empty Re: A visit from the fail possum

Post by esox Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:41 pm

Nightmare!
How long was it from breaking down and getting back home?

Was it the reg/rec sense wire loose which caused the overcharging....?
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by magnamaniac Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:29 pm

Humbug

magnamaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:46 pm

That's a right bastard.
We were wondering where you were.
Didn't miss you, just wondering where you were. Wink

Missed you really.

Although at least you were spared certain sights which could have scarred you horrifically for the rest of your natural.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:34 pm

esox wrote:Nightmare!
How long was it from breaking down and getting back home?

Was it the reg/rec sense wire loose which caused the overcharging....?

It wasn't overly long tbf, I left the house at about 11am and was back at around 5.30 ish, the sensor wire was connected to the ignition switch and the wire that should've been connected to the ignition wasn't. It had been like that for years, how it hadn't failed before I'll never know Shocked
Bren
Bren

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:35 pm

Monglord wrote:That's a right bastard.
We were wondering where you were.
Didn't miss you, just wondering where you were. Wink

Missed you really.

Although at least you were spared certain sights which could have scarred you horrifically for the rest of your natural.  

Genuinely missed you guys too

A little bit
Bren
Bren

Monglord likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down