Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visited the exhaust place today.

5 posters

Go down

Visited the exhaust place today. Empty Visited the exhaust place today.

Post by Monglord Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Good place, the main man is clearly a no-nonsense engineer who knows his stuff and I'm more than happy to get them to do the work.
Nannos estimate of how much it'll cost is pretty close (should be a tad less) but as I intend on keeping it for a good while I'm happy to shell out now so it won't need doing again.
It turns out that cylinders 1 & 3/ 2 & 4 are already linked as standard so he's just going to build a system the same as is, he'll replicate the silencers (which I'm pleased about as I like the shape) but with removable baffles for a bit of rortiness- I'll need to engineer my own 'town & country' valves at some point 'cos he was fixated on remotely operated ones at 150 quid a pop!

After that I had a good ride to the nearby coast for a cuppa and slice of cake, really enjoyed the ride- must get out more often.
Roads were pretty greasy so was glad for the third wheel- will take the solo out for a blat next time Very Happy
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Visited the exhaust place today. Empty Re: Visited the exhaust place today.

Post by twofiddy Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:50 pm

Well I tried to read all that but I found it too...............

............exhausting!

Wahey!

twofiddy

Back to top Go down

Post by magnamaniac Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:29 pm

bazinga

magnamaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by esox Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:40 pm

What did they say when they first set eyes upon the mighty ScrapWing?

Are they looking forward to working on such a prestigious and quality vehicle instead of all that Ferrari and Porsche tat they usually have to suffer...?
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:50 pm

The guy didn't bat an eyelid and yes, I will be pressing for a pic to go in their gallery Shocked

Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by der_nanno Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:42 pm

Ah well and there I thought the topic was dead. Glad to see you found a nice shop for your exhaust-needs. More than interested to see a photo or two of the finished product to be honest.

der_nanno

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:40 pm

I will certainly put some pics up, thanks for your advice- it was very helpful.

Let`s see how closely he replicates the silencers `cos I`ve seen other aftermarket systems for older `Wings which have obviously attempted to copy the shape but made a hash of it- I shall impress upon him that I`d like faithful copies.

I`ve got to admit that at that price I had to do a couple of hours of soul searching and exploring the alternatives again which ultimately led me to return to the fact that this is the right approach at this present time.
I want to use it a bit more this year and with the garage being my main priority timewise right now I`ve decided I`m happy paying someone else to sort it (especially as the quality of work looks top notch)- I`ve got enough on my plate already.

Have you checked out the gallery in the link to their website I posted?
They`ve worked on some interesting machines of all different types with good-looking results.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by der_nanno Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:07 am

I checked just now, their 6R4-replica with a turbo-Honda engine is sweet... And yes, the pictures in their gallery are pretty promising.

As I said before: Glad to hear you found a nice shop to fulfill your exhaust needs!

der_nanno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down