Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not my usual thing, but I like these.....

5 posters

Go down

Not my usual thing, but I like these..... Empty Not my usual thing, but I like these.....

Post by RatBikeNate\m/ Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:35 pm

Not my usual thing, but I like these..... 11947010
Not my usual thing, but I like these..... 11967310
RatBikeNate\m/
RatBikeNate\m/

Back to top Go down

Not my usual thing, but I like these..... Empty Re: Not my usual thing, but I like these.....

Post by spotarama Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:01 am

i like the top one, good mad max vibe and more than disgusting enough to piss off the restorer/money crowd, looks like GPz wheels and stuff so probably handles a bit better than a stock one

the bottom one is a bit too 'murican for mine, take an overweight bike and add a good 60 or 70 kilos, most of it up high...that should bugger it right up, probably ok for distance though as long as no-one you knew saw you riding it
spotarama
spotarama

Back to top Go down

Not my usual thing, but I like these..... Empty Re: Not my usual thing, but I like these.....

Post by esox Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:05 pm

This isn`t my usual thing but got to hear of it through a work colleague and seeing as it was a steal i made an offer and took it home.
The previous owner took the engine out to do something or other and sheared off all 4 exhaust studs. He lost interest in it soon after that. An attempt at a `repair` was carried out by drilling into the M8 stud remnants and fixing in some M6 screws using magic glue that he bought at a trade fair that would `stick anything to anything, mate`. Yeah, right - on exhaust studs!!?? They wern`t even threaded, just glued in..

I milled the seized-in studs out, reclaimed the original threads and replaced with OEM studs.
While the head was off i replaced the rings.
I`ve gone through virtually everything on the bike as it had been sat under a tarp for years and everything was dried up or seized - brakes, headstock bearings, prolink linkage etc, it`s up and running now but not yet taken it for a spin - it just needs the front sprocket and chain putting on but ran out of mojo this weekend.
Dunno what i`ll do with it when it`s finished, if i like it i might keep it - it`ll make a nice change to have a small, light, nimble bike, or sell it for a vast profit...

Not my usual thing, but I like these..... P1010001

Not my usual thing, but I like these..... IMG_0755

Not my usual thing, but I like these..... IMG_0756

Not my usual thing, but I like these..... IMG-0754

Not my usual thing, but I like these..... P1010006

Not my usual thing, but I like these..... P1020011

Not my usual thing, but I like these..... P1090002

Not my usual thing, but I like these..... P1010013

Not my usual thing, but I like these..... P1010014
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:22 am

Nicely done sir, that's going to be a fun ride.
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by RatBikeNate\m/ Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:21 pm

Very cool, nice work.
RatBikeNate\m/
RatBikeNate\m/

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:32 pm

that thing shares a lot of parts with the XR600 which is a more dedicate doff-road version with a wide range of tuning goodies, if that's your bag

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:34 pm

The fairing on Nate's first bike listed doesn't look a La Parisienne (the manufacturer of the mad max ones).

That bike is well smart though

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down