Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farmer Parmer and similar doos.

+3
Monglord
Big Chris
_Mouse_
7 posters

Go down

Farmer Parmer and similar doos.  Empty Farmer Parmer and similar doos.

Post by _Mouse_ Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:30 pm

I've made a Facebook page and invited everyone I can find who went to previous similar doos. Simply because that platform is more popular despite hating it myself.

The idea is we can move fast and get a semi private doo organised the moment we can go camping again and before the next inevitable lockdown is announced and in place.

I'm not sure how many are here that don't use FB but obviously vital details can be reposted here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3987713287908263

_Mouse_

Bren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Farmer Parmer and similar doos.  Empty Re: Farmer Parmer and similar doos.

Post by Big Chris Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:00 pm

I too have a pathological hatred of FB too. keep a tight control of who joins the group, otherwise it will get just as toxic as the other FB groups.

Good idea to be on the ball Mouse, the ability to move quickly when required will be useful.

In the meantime, the task for all of us is to scout for potential sites. Whether they be wild camps or with farmers permission doesn't matter, we just need to know where we can go escape the maddening crowds.

Big Chris

_Mouse_ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by _Mouse_ Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:31 pm

Yea, Sadly FB has all but killed off all the forums and social platforms. A lot of the tech groups still meet on traditional forums which I'm enjoying now I'm getting into electric motorcycles.

+1 for not letting the dross in hence marking it as private but publicly findable. I may add an annoying Q to answer for new members just to ram it home about it being a 'friends + family doo'  
My biggest fear is some idiot with well-meaning intentions publicly posting the event details at the last moment and it turning into some sort of flash mob event with every camping starved dickhead turning up. But I wont worry about that until it happens.

Hoon has flooded the group with ever Farmer Parmer and FreezeUp photo he can find which is brilliant.

As for locations, There's the usual suspects + anything else that might be available.

_Mouse_

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:29 pm

Mouse, I would strongly suggest that it's not even publicly findable personally and making the doos completely private so we can vet exactly who is invited to the page and who attends the actual doos.

I didn't realise it was publicly findable otherwise I wouldn't have necessarily loaded all those photos on, I just thought it was for people we know and have attended doos in the past.
Edit: Ok, I see that the public can't view anything unless they're members- still not keen on it being findable in the first place.

If it's viewable by the public how can we use for planning private events?

I'm not adverse to meeting new people at all btw.

There are some folks from past doos I'd be happy to see again and similarly some I'm happy not to see again.

The beauty of this forum is that the folks I prefer not to mix with aren't on here, namely Fat Nath at the moment- the feeling is generally echoed by other people I believe, we've all had enough of him.
Monglord
Monglord

Bren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:19 am

I don't have a particular opinion of Fat Nath. And I'm all in favour of meeting new people, especially if other folks here vouch for them. However, I do agree with "Monglord" that the group should not be findable.
The main reason for that is the stealth element. If we are to have a camp out, we want the numbers to be small enough that we fly under the radar, and we want to know that folks are smart enough not to reveal our intentions.
The last thing we want is our quiet campout to end up in the papers or on social media.

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Tue May 18, 2021 11:10 am

I agree with trying to keep the page invite only, I have no issue with FB generally speaking, but it is full of fuckwits and idiots tbf
Bren
Bren

Back to top Go down

Post by magnamaniac Tue May 18, 2021 6:35 pm

Bren wrote:I agree with trying to keep the page invite only, I have no issue with FB generally speaking, but it is full of fuckwits and idiots tbf
people with beards are the worst.

magnamaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoo Tue May 18, 2021 6:40 pm

And there is a word for people without beards: women. :-)

voodoo

Bren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Chris Wed May 19, 2021 8:06 am

voodoo wrote:And there is a word for people without beards: women. :-)

Looks like I'm a lady then

Big Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoo Wed May 19, 2021 3:13 pm

Farmer Parmer and similar doos.  Little_britain_radio

voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren Wed May 19, 2021 5:05 pm

Lol!
Bren
Bren

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Fri May 21, 2021 4:12 pm

Laughing
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrider Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:00 pm

no i don't use faceache i would sooner be on a forum

skyrider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down