Ratbike Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ii spent 7 hours in`t garage today.

2 posters

Go down

Ii spent 7 hours in`t garage today. Empty Ii spent 7 hours in`t garage today.

Post by esox Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:16 pm

And that`s ---------> <--------- all i can show for it.

I`ve always said, `it takes a lot of time and effort to make a bike look this bad`.

Seven hours!

Last edited by esox on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Ii spent 7 hours in`t garage today. Empty Re: Ii spent 7 hours in`t garage today.

Post by Monglord Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:44 pm

This post means nothing without pics...........or something like that?
Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Ii spent 7 hours in`t garage today. Empty Re: Ii spent 7 hours in`t garage today.

Post by esox Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:29 pm

I was working on Dobbin.
See that `infil` panel twixt tank and frame?
I made one side of those.
In an effort to make the thing ridable without chronic neck and wrist ache i`m in the process of raising the `bars.
I made the first side, went to fit it only to find i`d fecked up  - the brake master cylinder wouldn`t fit!
I was pissed off at this point and nearly put the tools away and gave up but giving up isn`t my game so i used the second tube that i`d had specially turned at work on the lathe to make it again.
It fitted, but i now now even less steering lock on this bike which already had a severe shortage in the first place. T-junctions require forward planning....
The bike as it is has one `bar shorter than the other which doesn`t feel as odd as it looks - quite comfy, really.
Would suit a rider whose left arm is longer than the right.

Dobbin only has one jerry can fitted now `cos the left side lid flew off the night i rode it home doing 120 down the A21 - i thought i felt something brush my leg....

Images from Postimage due to Photofuckits iminent demise - anyone see them?

Ii spent 7 hours in`t garage today. P1010103

Ii spent 7 hours in`t garage today. P1010102

Ii spent 7 hours in`t garage today. P1010104

Ii spent 7 hours in`t garage today. P1010106

Ii spent 7 hours in`t garage today. P1010110
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by Monglord Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Cool, I see the pics!

How do you get on with this Postimage?
Is it similar to Photofuckup to use?
I need to find a new free host for posting pics.

And the bars?
Congratulations on having the first ratbike Funabashi bike:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHHoCDcaww

Monglord
Monglord

Back to top Go down

Post by esox Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Haha, funabashi - i`ve seen that before on the zone(s). Well remembered!
Looks pretty good actually. I could do that..

Postimage is OK, i`ve only used it this once so haven`t had tome to explore its features, although it did seem to get a bit perplexed uploading more than one pic at a time..
And i also can`t see any way of linking more than one image at a time - which are both a pain.
It does allow re-sizing though which is good as re-sizing before upload is a faff.
I`ll also try out Imgur - they`re all probably about the same..

My PB pic links in forums seem to be inact at the mo - is that normal or am i the `chosen one`?
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by esox Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:58 pm

I just tried to tax the CBR - today - the 31st of August.
They only wanted to start the tax from the first of this month meaning i`d effectively be paying a 12 month fee for only 11 months.
It`s not about the of money, it just pisses me off because it`s always biased in their favour, isn`t it?
Would it be too much to ask for some common sense and fair play from the DVLA?
Cunts.

On a better note i added it to my insurance today for no extra cost except the `admin fee` - a benefit of being an old git and riding old, shit bikes.
I also removed two CX`s after moving them on.
That`s right - i only have two CX`s left now so i`m only half as sad as you lot think i am.

And seeing as both my arms are the same approximate length i made the other clip-on and fitted it;

Ii spent 7 hours in`t garage today. IMG_0317
esox
esox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down